Right now, it’s possible that as many as 100 million workers across the U.S. are clocking or calling in to work remotely. By 2020, nearly 75% of the American workforce will be doing so at least part of the time. What does this mean for your organization? One conclusion is that, if you don’t currently have remote workers, or remote work options, you probably will soon.
Build Your Remote Workforce
Providing workers with remote work options might sound great, or seem like something you could launch pretty quickly. That’s what technology is for, right? But how would it actually look at your organization?
If you’re launching a remote work plan, or expanding one that’s already in place, there are a few things to consider first, starting with your time and attendance solution.
- When you’re trying to manage remote workers, your time and attendance solution is key.
- No matter what type of time clock you use, you want one that creates efficiencies, and provides capabilities that keep things as simple as possible for workers, managers, and admin staff.
- And, you want to be sure that your software syncs up with the HR tools you rely on for payroll, scheduling, and more.
We’ve included a few things to keep in mind as you consider next-generation time clocks as part of your remote work plan, with a look at how some of Icon Time’s products might be the right fit.
Does your integrated time clock make it easy for workers and managers to track and manage their time, even when they’re working remotely? Learn more about how Icon Time’s suite of products can help support your remote workforce.
Time Clocks For Remote Workers
Creating remote work options isn’t just about evolving your workplace or company culture. It can also be a key to retention. In one recent study, more than 90% of employees and job seekers said they want jobs that offer the option of working remotely.
What role does your time and attendance solution play when it comes to remote work options?
For starters, you want to be sure your time clock is up to speed when it comes to next-gen features that help streamline business.
- This means that your employees can easily track their time without any issues related to how the time clock performs.
- You also want to be sure your time clock is able to accommodate workers no matter where they’re located.
- And, you want to be sure your time clock syncs with other business systems, especially payroll.
As you consider a different time clock to help expand your remote work options, here are a few key points to keep in mind:
- Look for a solution that enhances the way employees and managers can clock in and out, whether they’re onsite, or out of the country.
Time clock solutions, such as those from Icon Time’s TotalPass suite of products, expand the way workers can clock in and out.
- It doesn’t matter if they rely on a dedicated onsite kiosk, or need to do so using a handheld mobile device.
With the TotalPass P400, for instance, workers can enter personal identification numbers (PINs), swipe RFID proximity cards, or clock in/out via their phones, mobile tablets, or computers by using the clock’s web punch feature.
- Be sure to give managers and administrators tools they need.
When you’re managing multiple employees, things can be challenging without having to think about remote workers—or your own remote work options. As you consider adding remote work options, make sure to give managers and administrators tools that will keep things as simple as possible for them.
With the TotalPass time clock suite:
- Managers can track time and attendance while they’re working offsite via a web browser, and can connect to the TotalPass software in just a few easy steps.
- Once logged into the software, managers can easily view employee punches.
- Managers can also set alerts to ping them if an employee is late, or misses work.
- And, managers can use geo-location features to confirm where clock in/out punches are coming from.
With working remotely becoming the norm in many organizations and industries, make sure your company has the right time and attendance tools to keep up with changing business dynamics. Now can be a good time to explore integrated time clock solutions that bring you the features, benefits, and flexibility that support people and workgroups across every part of your company—no matter where they clock in or out.
Your time and attendance solution is a vital piece to planning and managing your remote work program. Find out how Icon Time’s suite of products can help you make working remotely a viable option for your company.