What do more than 100 million workers across the U.S. have in common? They work remotely at least some of the time. And, based on current projections, this number is on the rise.
- According to a study by the International Data Corporation (IDC), remote workers will make up nearly 75% of the US workforce by 2020.
- This growth cuts across industries and specialties, with manufacturing, construction, retail and healthcare set to see the biggest increases in remote workers.
What about time and attendance for remote workers?
Whether or not working remotely is an option for your employees, these days it’s easier than ever to work from just about anywhere.
- New tools and applications make working remotely a normal aspect of the workday.
- Meanwhile, enhanced broadband and wireless capabilities continue to make it even easier for employees to conference in, access cloud-based servers, and collaborate no matter where they’re located.
In short, remote working options are changing the way companies in almost every industry recruit, build teams, manage projects, and satisfy their clients and customers. But what does it mean for how they track time and attendance?
Plenty of tools that support remote workers are designed to spur collaboration, and support project management. However, others focus on essential operational aspects related to timesheets, job costing, and time and attendance. Learn more about how Icon Time’s suite of products can help you and your remote workforce manage their time.
Track time no matter where workers are located.
In the very least, your time and attendance solution must be able to capture and communicate the ways that employees spend their time. And, you want to find peace-of-mind when it comes to documenting their time, in order to stay compliant with wage and labor laws.
Addressing these needs might be the baseline, but finding an integrated time-tracking solution that also supports a remote workforce can be a true challenge.
- For starters, you want to be able to track time and attendance regularly and easily. It doesn’t matter if your employees are working down the hall, in another part of the building, across campus, or three time zones away.
- Then there’s payroll to consider, which can be difficult enough for some organizations. When you add remote workers into the mix of daily operations, payroll processing can become even more complicated.
With these operational concerns in mind, how do you know if your time and attendance solution will actually meet your specific requirements? Conversely, how can you tell if you’re paying for more than you need?
Icon Time’s suite of products are built to deliver the features that you need, at a price point that makes sense. What’s more, they provide solutions that support a modern workforce.
The TotalPass P400 makes it easy for your remote workforce to clock in and out in a number of ways. They can:
- Enter their assigned four-digit personal identification number (PIN);
- Swipe an RFID proximity card; or
- Clock in from their phone, tablet or PC using the optional web punch feature.
Meanwhile, managers also benefit from a number of remote features.
- You can manage time and attendance while you’re working remotely as well. All you have to do is launch your browser, and connect to the clock’s intuitive TotalPass software.
- You’ll see employee punches in real-time, so you know who has punched in and who has not.
- You can also set and receive notifications when employees are absent or late.
- Finally, you can utilize the geo-location compatibility to set up a virtual perimeter in order to confirm offsite punches.
And, Icon Time’s solutions play nicely with payroll.
- Whether they’re remote or onsite, employee hours move seamlessly into your payroll system. This eliminates the need for manual data entry, which can improve accuracy and save time in the process.
- IconTime’s TotalPass P400 is compatible with most popular payroll systems, including:
- Paychex Flex® & Preview
- QuickBooks Online®
- QuickBooks Desktop (Pro®, Premier, Enterprise)
- ADP Workforce Now®
Add a time clock solution that lets employees punch in from anywhere, and lets you enjoy remote ease-of-use as well.
Whether you’re at home or on the road, you and your team can access the clock to review and approve hours, generate reports, process payroll and more. This type of mobility matters, especially in an era when working remotely has gone from “interesting trend” to “business norm.”
Icon Time’s TotalPass P400 is a powerful, cost-effective time and attendance solution for businesses up to 250 employees—no matter where they work. If you’re just now testing the remote-work waters, don’t worry about paying for advanced features you might not need. Instead, invest in a cost-effective solution you can upgrade when the time is right.