Universal Time Clock Version 2.5 — Update
Click Here to Download File > update.bin – Fill out the form on the following page to receive the update file.
Occasionally, Icon Time Systems releases new updates for your employee time clock. These updates are provided for free and often include new features and improvements.
What’s new in this version?
View Change Log
It is important that all SB-100 PRO and RTC-1000 Universal Time Clocks are updated to this version.
How to Update your Time Clock
- Create a backup of your time clock data before updating to the latest software. Watch a tutorial video on how to save a backup. Click here.
Update via Software Interface:
- Download the time clock update file update.bin.
From the Time Clock software, select Files | System Update.
Enter your time clock password.
Browse, to locate and select the update.bin file. This file should be located in the Downloads folder.
Click Open on the File Upload window.
A pop-up window will appear warning you to save a backup of your data. If you followed the instructions on step 1, disregard this message – click OK.
Your time clock starts the update process and then automatically reboots. Wait for this process to complete, it may take up to 15 minutes.
When rebooting is complete, click Home to log back in to your time clock.
If you have a Child Clock, you may need to update the Child Clock manually, following the instructions above under Update Using a USB Flash Drive.
- Do NOT open the file. Your PC will be unable to open the file and you will receive an error. Follow the additional steps below.
Update Using a USB Flash Drive:
Mac users must update using a USB flash drive and cannot update using the software interface.
- Download the time clock update file update.bin. When prompted, save the file to the root directory on your USB Drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the bottom of your time clock.
Your time clock will begin the update process and automatically reboot. Wait for this process to complete.When the time clock is finished rebooting, your time clock has been updated.
You must follow this process for each of your time clocks, Parent Clock and Child Clock(s).
- After the time clock displays USB Drive Update in Progress, the screen display will go blank.
- Remove the USB drive immediately, before proceeding.