KB0098: Run TimeSource or TimeVue after Installing on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Vista
- Install the program from the CD and follow the steps indicated in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is complete, a shortcut will be created on the Windows desktop.
- Before running the software for the first time, right mouse click on the short-cut and select the Properties option.
- Select the Advanced button in the lower left of the shortcut tab.
- In the Advanced Properties window, select the option to Run as Administrator and click OK.
- The software should run properly when clicking on the shortcut to start the program.
NOTE: If you run the program by selecting the Windows Start button \ All Programs\Icon Time Systems\….you still need to follow steps 3 through 5 above.
- Any shortcut used to start the software must have the Run as Administrator option selected.
- If you do not run the software as Administrator, you may not have the proper permissions to create or save certain files and data loss may also occur.