KB0066: QuickBooks Export Issues – TimeVue / TimeSource
The following issues may cause the export to fail:
- QuickBooks will not accept a punch (shift) time that is over 24 hours in length. Run a payroll report in TimeSource or TimeVue to make sure there aren’t any problem punches. Fix these punches before doing an export again.
- The time period you are exporting includes punches from an employee that is not in the QuickBooks employee list. Make sure the employee exists in QuickBooks.
- Duplicate punches or missing IN or OUT punches. Again, Run a payroll report in TimeSource or TimeVue to make sure there aren’t any problem punches. Fix these punches before doing an export again.
- The name in the employee list in QuickBooks does not EXACTLY match the employee FULL name in TimeVue or TimeSource. This will cause an error during the export process.
- You are not in single-user mode in QuickBooks. When exporting to QuickBooks for the first time, log into QuickBooks as “Admin” and switch to “Single User Mode”. Leave QuickBooks open in the background.
- Using Time Data to Create Paychecks for every employee must be enabled in the QuickBooks Employee, Payroll Compensation and Info. Tab.
- Make sure all employees are assigned a pay period (pay frequency) in the QuickBooks Employee, Payroll Compensation and Info. Tab.
- Do not use more than one character and a period for the middle initial in the employee name in QuickBooks.
- The export codes used in the Payroll Export screen do not match the Payroll Items listed in QuickBooks. Make sure these items match and run the export again. Payroll Item names are limited to 10 characters when using TimeSource or TimeVue.
Try fixing these issues and do the export again.