KB0084: Setup Ethernet HandPunch – TimeVue / TimeSource
Install the Software and Module
- Install TimeVue or TimeSource and enter the enable code to activate your software.
- The HandPunch comes with a documentation CD. Print out the HandPunch User guide from this CD. Review the password and setup options for the HandPunch.
- Input Upgrade Codes / Install Modules – find the upgrade codes included with the software Quick Start Guide or User Guide (pg. 5 of the TimeVue Quick Start Guide)
- In TimeVue, select INSTALL MODULES and enter the HandPunch Upgrade code.
- In TimeSource, select File | Install Modules to enter your upgrade code.
NOTE: You do not use the Tibbo software to program an IP address into the HandPunch . This is done manually at the clock. Verify with your network administrator an available static IP address to be programmed into the clock.
Connect the HandPunch to the Network
- Ask your Network administrator to provide an IP address to program into the HandPunch.
- Connect the HandPunch to an available Ethernet port (in the wall, or on your router, hub or switch).
- Plug the clock in to the power.
- Verify the Network connection lights turn on on the Ethernet card on the back of the time clock. A message should display on the HandPunch that the Ethernet card is detected.
- On the HandPunch , press the Clear and Enter at the same time to enter Supervisor Mode.
- When prompted for a password, press the number 2 and Enter.
- Various menu options will display. Press No until Set Serial appears. Press Yes.
- Type in the IP address provided by the Network Administrator and press Enter. Notate the assigned IP address on the TimeVue Quick Start Guide, for future reference.
- Press Enter to bypass setting the Gateway. this setting should not be changed.
- Select 9 and Enter for the Host Bits setting.
- Press Yes when prompted for BAUD 9600.
- Press Clear to exit Supervisor Mode.
- Verify that you can ping the clock. How to Ping an IP Address.
Setup the HandPunch in your Software
- In TimeVue, go to the Time Clocks screen. In TimeSource, go to the Clocks screen.
- Add a clock and give your clock any desired name.
- For Type, select HPx000. If you do not see this option, you need to install your HandPunch option code as described previously.
- Select COM1 for the COM port.
- Enter the following in the Dial Up String Field: NET:(the clocks IP Address):UNIT0. Example: NET:192.168.2.227:UNIT0
- Click Test to the right of the dial up string to verify that clock connection is working.
- Repeat steps to add additional HandPunch clocks in TimeVue or TimeSource. Select COM port 1 for each clock.
NOTE: Each HandPunch clock needs to be assigned a unique IP address and you will use this IP address in the dial-up string for the clock in the TimeVue or TimeSource software.