KB0094: Unable to Access the Time Clock Software Using Ethernet – SB-100 PRO / RTC-1000 / TotalPass
If you are unable to access your time clock software, it is typically caused by one of two things; there is a cable connection issue between your time clock and network router or the time clock IP address changed.
Check the Time Clock Connection
- Verify that the network connection indicator lights are on where the Ethernet cable plugs into the clock.
- If the lights are not on:
- Power-cycle the network router, by turning it off and then back on. If the lights do not turn on, try the next step.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into another port on your router, then unplug the clock from the power and plug it back in. If the lights do not turn on, try the next step.
- Use a different Ethernet cable, then unplug the clock from the power and plug it back in. If the lights do not turn on, call our technical support line for additional troubleshooting steps 1-800-847-2232.
Check the IP Address Settings
If the lights are turned on at the Ethernet port on the bottom of your clock, but you are still unable to connect to the time clock software,the IP address of your time clock may have changed.
If your network router experiences a power failure or power interruption, and you have not assigned a static IP address to your time clock, the IP address may change.
Click here for more information on IP addresses.
- Power-cycle the clock, by unplugging it from the power (wait 3 seconds) and plug it back in.
- Once the clock is fully booted up, enter into Supervisor Mode at your time clock terminal.
- Press the padlock key on the time clock.
- Enter in your security code – the default security code is 00 00 00.
- Scroll through the options until you find View IP Address – press Enter.
- The current IP address of the clock will display. Write it down – press Clear.
- If an IP address of 172.16.0.1 appears on the clock, the clock may not be being detected properly on the network or your router is not assigning it an IP address.
- Try assigning a static IP address to your clock. Refer to KB0091 for instructions.
- Check the time clock connection by following the instructions above, Check the Time Clock Connection.
If the IP Address is Different from the Original Address
You have two options:
- Change the IP address back to the original address, by assigning it as a static IP address (RECOMMENDED).
- Follow the instructions on KB0091 for instructions.
- Use this new IP address to log into your time clock.
- From your PC, open up the Web browser and type in the new IP Address in the browser address bar.
- Press Enter. You will be directed to the time clock login page.
- Save this new time clock address as a bookmark or short-cut, for future reference.
If the IP address is the Same As the Original Address
Power-cycling the clock, may have fixed your connection issues.Try logging into your time clock again.
If you are still experiencing connection issues, give our support team a call for additional troubleshooting steps.