KB0111: QuickBooks Plug-in Error – “Windows Vista QuickBooks Plug-in Could not be Started” or ” User Account Control (UAC)”
This error message may occur when trying to access File > Icon Time Systems QuickBooks Plug-in menu options in QuickBooks.
The following error message may occur when trying to access File\Icon Time Systems QuickBooks Plug-in\ menu options in QuickBooks:
- Shut down QuickBooks.
- Right mouse click on the QuickBooks short-cut and select Properties.
- Click the Advanced Button in the shortcut properties tab.
- Uncheck the Run as Administrator option and click OK.
- Click Apply and OK in the main Properties screen.
- Open up QuickBooks again.
In summary, do not run QuickBooks under the Vista Administrative account but as a standard user in this case.