KB0120: TimeVue / TimeSource Error – “Type Mismatch” Hours Not Calculating Correctly
This problem can occur if you have manually edited punches in the Punches screen and you did not assign a valid department to a punch pair for that pay period.
View or print out the report and review the department column in the report.
- Make note of all punches that are missing a department assignment or show a department assignment of UNKNOWN.
- Go to the Punches screen for the appropriate employee and assign a current, valid department in the department column for the punch pair. Press the tab key and verify that the total hours for the shift appears in the HOURS column.
- Repeat the above steps until all punch pairs have a department assignment.
- Run a report again. If you have fixed all the punches, the error will go away and the hours will calculate correctly on your reports.
NOTE: If the problem continues, try the following also:
If you are using TimeVue:
- Go to the Departments screen.
- There are some icons at the top of this screen. Go to the last icon on the right and make sure the “Calculate autolunch/Sum daily hours” is disabled.
- Close the department screen and run reports again.
If you are using TimeSource:
- Go to the Time Clock Rules screen and uncheck the Auto Lunch By Day option. Close this screen and run your reports again.