To summarize, you can enter up to 3 separate comment lines with a maximum of 21 characters per line. If you have multiple comment lines, you can only print one line at a time. Insert the paper in the slot again to print the next line up to a maximum of 3 lines. To program the time stamp, remove the cover:
1. Press the SELECT button repeatedly until the Arrow corresponds to the “PRINT ORDER” on the setting panel
2. Use the + or – buttons to select “30”
3. Press SET to confirm
4. Use the + or- buttons to select the “Print Position”, and press SET to Confirm
1 Left Oriented
2 Center Oriented
3 Right Oriented
5. Press the SELECT button repeatedly until the Arrow corresponds to the “COMMENT” on the setting panel
6. C1 will be flashing (for Comment line 1). Press SET to enter the first character. (1 should be flashing on the left)
7. Press SET again to enter the character code (1 should start flashing on the right)
8. Use the + or – buttons to select the correct character code to print (Ref page 21 for Alphanumeric Character Codes)
9. Press SET to enter (the number on the left should be flashing)
10. Repeat step 7 and change the 1 to 2 for the second character, or 3 for the third character etc.
11. Repeat step 8 & 9 to complete the setting for the first Comment line. To end a comment line, enter 0 for the last charact
12. For the second and third comment lines, Repeat steps 5 – 11 changing C1 to C2 for comment line 2 and changing it to C3 for comment line 3
13. When done press SELECT button repeatedly until the display displays the date and time.
14. The comments will be printed one line at a time, just move the card over to print the second and third line
15. After the last characters is entered for the entire message, press the SET button a couple of times.
The character number in the message string is followed by a dash and the code (from page 21) needed to display the proper letters and time. For example, 1-13 is the first character in the comment line (the letter – “R”). The entry 10-0 ends the comment line:
C1: 1-13, 2-4, 3-17, 4-5, 5-44, 6-27, 7-28, 8-26, 9-2A, 10-0
The following will print: RCVD-FEB10’16am8:00