KB0134: TimeVue Error – “Before you can print…” Running Reports Using Windows 7 or Vista
The full error reads “Before you can print, you need to select a printer. If you need to install a printer, either double-click the Add Printer icon or click the Find Printer button located on the general tab of this dialog”.
To correct this issue:
- Close TimeVue
- Right mouse click on the TimeVue short-cut on your desktop and select Properties
- In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab.
- Select the option to Run the program as an administrator at the bottom of the window.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Open TimeVue again. Printing should work properly now.