If you are using an Icon Time Systems Pin Entry Ethernet clock, the virtual serial port used to connect to the clock through TimeVue may get deleted after a Windows 10 automatic update.
The virtual serial port needs to be added back into the Tibbo VSP manager.
1. Click on Windows Start and open the Tibbo program folder in the program list.
2. Right Mouse click on the VSP Manager Icon, select the More option, and “Run as Administrator“.
3. In the VSP Property window, select the Add button.
4. In the VSP Properties window, select an available COM port between 1 and 16 from the VSP name drop down list. Select the Browse for DS button in the lower right of the screen.
5. In the DS Manager, the clock should appear. Left click to highlight the IP address, and click the Select button on the right.
6. Verify the information in the VSP Manager window and click OK in the lower right.
7. Go to Setup Time Clocks in TimeVue, select the COM port in the drop-down so it matches the port chosen above. Click the green Test button on the right.. It should Test OK. Poll the clock.