Safety matters more than ever in the modern workplace, especially when you employ hourly workers. Many hourly, part-time, or low-wage workers are under-insured, or un-insured. Therefore, as an employer, you want to do everything you can to take care of their health.
There are many ways to keep workers safe. Some steps involve providing them with proper safety equipment, ensuring that your workplace is clean and well-lit, and making sure that they take regularly scheduled breaks.
Another way to improve safety conditions involves the way your workers clock in and out.
Discover No-touch Time Clock Options
A traditional punch clock is one the first and last things that employees touch at the start and end of their shifts.
- When you consider how often some workers enter job codes, switch positions, or clock in and out for breaks, they can touch a traditional punch or key-code clock up to a dozen times or more in the course of a workday.
- Multiply this number by 10 or 20 employees, and you begin to see how often your punch clock is utilized.
The thing is, despite all of these touches, wiping down the timeclock isn’t necessarily on the top of everyone’s to-do list. Over time, your time clock can become a breeding ground for the types of germs you and employees would rather avoid.
Luckily, there are plenty of next-gen options that keep fingers away from time clocks. These same clocks can also help simplify and speed up the clock in/out process, and help reduce the spread of germs between employees.
Keep reading to discover how a number of Icon Time’s next-gen time clocks support the safety of your work environment.
Icon Time’s TotalPass suite of products are built to deliver time & attendance features that you need, at a price point that makes sense. What’s more, they provide solutions that support the modern workforce, including no-touch time clock options. Which time clock is right for you?
Time Clocks for the Modern Workforce
Flexibility is key when it comes to modern time clock solutions. If your time clock feels like it’s stuck in the Stone Age, then it will only hold your business back.
Next-gen solutions such as those in Icon Time’s TotalPass suite are built to handle the needs of the modern workforce. When you rely on a time clock from the TotalPass suite, you can:
- Simplify the way you track how employees use their time while they’re on the clock.
- Gain peace-of-mind when it comes to documenting their time.
- Stay compliant with wage and labor laws.
- Support situations when workers need to clock in/out remotely, and even strategically build a remote workforce.
More and more, TotalPass clocks also accommodate concerns related to health, safety, and protecting the personal data of your employees. Addressing these issues is especially vital in an era when time clocks are shifting toward the use of biometric information, or expanding remote capabilities.
The clocks that make up Icon Time’s TotalPass suite are built for safety at every level. This includes:
- How employees engage with them
- How data is stored
- How and where they can clock in/out
For example, the TotalPass P400, P600, B600, in addition to other clocks in the Icon Time family, not only can support remote workers, but they also provide on-site employees with safe, no-touch clock in/out options.
Other than traditional, four-digit key punches, employees can:
- Swipe an RFID proximity card
- Use optional web punch features to clock in from their phone, tablet or PC
Discover more about clock safety features, cleaning, and remote options here.
Managers also benefit from remote and no-touch features:
- You can manage time and attendance while you’re working remotely, and don’t need to engage directly with the time clock to access clock in/out data.
- All you have to do is launch your browser, and connect to the clock’s intuitive TotalPass software.
- You’ll see employee punches in real-time, so you know who has punched in and who has not.
- And, you can set and receive notifications when employees are absent or late.
- You can even utilize the geo-location compatibility to confirm offsite punch locations.
Now more than ever, it’s important to take every step you can to maintain a clean and safe work environment. When it comes to selecting a next-gen time clock solution, be sure that your choice aligns with the rest of your organization’s health and safety goals.
There are plenty of ways to support on-site and remote workers, starting with your choice of time clock. Learn more about the ways that Icon Time’s suite of products can help you and your entire workforce manage time safely.